... is impossible to sum up in one post. It's one of those years that truly felt like it had a few different ones packed in. And it's not just the earlier bits that don't feel like 2023. Even things from as recent as Q3 feel like they happened long ago in a different lifetime. And yet, this year passed in a flash.
Maybe this means that I spent most of it in a state of excitement haha. 2022-me predicted correctly that this year would be full of change. Some I wanted, some I didn't ask for, but all of it served to make life far from boring.
What is true is that there were good times and tough times this year. But there were no bad times. With bad times defined (maybe a little simplistically) as tough times with no end in sight.
There were things I enjoyed. Old things and new things. Like, dunno what took me so long to find out about crocheting. Turns out it's something I'm good at. Got to enjoy concerts (read: seeing the sujus) more up close than before coz I heeded 2022-me's advice to exercise. Still can't say I love running, but it works.
The solo wanderer stepped aside a little to leave more space for companions. As a result, there was enough shared happiness to make up for the drought in previous bad times. From extravagant overseas adventures to simpler hangouts over food and drink, amidst the urban and the greenery.
And there were things to navigate. Like bringing the change I wanted to reality. When I was the first choice of others, I had the privilege and support to pursue my own first choice. To my future selves, remember what it took.
Also, yes universe, I take the (very strong) hint that the world is very small. It's one thing for second degree connections to become first degree, but to finally cross paths with people moving along close parallels in the past is on another level. It's quite stunning when these revelations occur. And this year, I was stunned enough to fill a drama plot. From a queue in Manila to many a fine day across my offices.
Can only say I was fated to end up where I am, after taking the route I ended up taking. Or maybe 30 is the magic age where connections surface after a decent buildup. But yes ok, I shall strive to remain friendly and likeable.
So at the end of it, I definitely can say I did all I could with my allotted time in 2023. 17 posts is a sign of it haha, 3rd most in a year since I started blogging wow. And now it's time to look ahead.
Well, I know 2024 will be a test. But knowing what I've been through is the same as knowing things will be ok. Also there's already things to look forward to!
So the only thing I can tell 2024-me is this: remember to rest i.e. set aside enough time for it. At times, 아무것도 하지 않아도 돼, as Ryeowook said.
Happy New Year! And also (slightly in advance), happy 10th blogging anniversary!
No comments:
Post a Comment